Here at Lets No Regrets we understand how you might want to take a little souvenir with you, to embody a memory you have during your Larnaca holiday rental. If shopping is more your thing and you need to indulge in a little retail therapy, here's our list of things to buy in Cyprus:
- Pottery - try the famous Savva pottery near Paphos or visit Foini village in the Troodos mountains.
- Lace - best place to see it being made is at Lefkara village near Larnaca or you can buy at many of the mountain villages like Omodhos near Platres.
- Honey - get some runny honey mummy! 1kg of local honey is excellent value.
- Hand woven rugs - a mountain village specialty. Try Neo Chorio near Latchi or Phyti near Polis to see rugs being made.
- Sweet and sour pastries - like daktyla or khateyfi or the famous Flaounes !
- Commanderia wine - sweet but famous! Not to my taste but if you like sweet port, then you will probably love it.
- Olive oil - enjoy it wherever in Cyprus. If you have the chance, go pick some olives in October-December with the locals.
- Olives - need we say more...green ones marinated in dried coriander, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice are to die for.
- Copper items of jewelry or kitchenware.
- Religious icons - replicas are available everywhere but you can buy the real thing from monasteries.
- Zivania - Cypriot fire water.
- Cyprus coffee and a coffee pot for the stove.
- An "I love Cyprus" T-shirt!
COMMANDARIA WINE - SWEET WINE